- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 lbs. chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 3 zucchini sliced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled & seeded, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill chopped
- Prepare marinade by stirring together first 10 ingredients (through salt & pepper). Let chicken soak in marinade for 2 hours.
- Cut chicken into pieces for kebabs.
- Toss bell peppers, zucchini and red onion in 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread chicken pieces, peppers, zucchini and onions on the skewers.
- Cook skewers 7-9 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees F in the center. Turn after about 4 minutes.
- Prepare the tzatziki sauce by placing chopped cucumber in a strainer and sprinkle with salt (lightly). Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze cucumbers in a paper towel to drain the excess water, and then place in food processor. Pulse to finely chop.
- Pour cucumbers into a large mixing bowl, add yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and dill. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk all ingredients.
- Drizzle tzatziki sauce over kebabs and enjoy!