- 3 carrots
- 2 medium yellow potatoes
- 1 15-ounce can 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed and quartered if large
- 2 pounds organic chicken breasts
- 1 can bone broth
- 1/3 cup dry white cooking wine
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped dill
- Spread carrots and potatoes over the bottom and up the sides of a 4-quart or larger Crockpot.
- Arrange chicken on top of the vegetables. Bring broth, wine, garlic and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 4 1/2 hours on low.
- Add artichokes to the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk egg, egg yolks and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm. Ladle about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid into the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth. Whisk the egg mixture into the remaining cooking liquid in the Crockpot.
- Cover and cook, whisking 2 or 3 times, until slightly thickened and sauce reaches 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in dill and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and serve.
At Okie CrossFit, all of our memberships include 1 on 1 Nutrition Coaching. Come try out the Best CrossFit Gym in Tulsa for a FREE WEEK.